Joseph A. Manzo - Mayor
Indian Rocks Beach
Joanne "Cookie" Kennedy - Mayor
Joanne "Cookie" Kennedy
Phone: (727) 595-2517
City website: www.indian-rocks-beach.com
Joanne "Cookie" Kennedy is the first female to be elected Mayor of Indian Rocks Beach. She previously served on the city commission for 13 years and was Chairperson of the Planning and Zoning Board and Finance Budge Review for the city. A Pinellas County native, Mayor Kennedy is a business owner in Indian Rocks Beach for over 30 years. Kennedy is recognized as a tireless advocate for the Gulf Beach cities and served on the Florida League of Cities Criminal Justice, Ethics, and Personnel Prevention Board.
Locally, Mayor Kennedy presently serves on the Executive Board as Treasurer of the Pinellas County MPO, Forward Pinellas, and the Tourist Development Council as the Gulf Beaches representative. She has championed enhancing beach access, and safe modes of transportation while maintaining our economically vibrant communities.
As Mayor and a member of the Barrier Island Governmental Council (BIG-C) Kennedy has lobbied at the local, state, and federal levels supporting continued beach renourishment and against off-shore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. She continues to advocate the importance of environmental and economic measures championing waterborne transportation, bicycle and pedestrian friendly lanes, and mixed use development along the Gulf Beaches.
The most significant issue challenging Mayor Kennedy is the Legislature’s preemption of Florida cities to regulate "Short Term Rentals" and the hardships the issue presents to residential neighborhoods and local governance.
North Redington Beach
Bill Queen - Mayor
Mayor - North Redington Beach
Phone: (727) 391-4848
City website: www.townofnorthredingtonbeach.com/
- Delegate to Barrier Islands Governmental Council, Florida League of Cities, Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Assn., Mayors' Council of Pinellas and Suncoast League of Cities
- Town Commissioner, North Redington Beach
- Chairperson, Planning and Zoning Board, North Redington Beach
- Chairperson, Beach Advisory Board, North Redington Beach
- Retired Pinellas County Sheriff's Officer
- Business owner for 25 years
- BA/MBA in Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Resident of Pinellas County for 50 years
St. Pete Beach
Alan Johnson - Mayor
Big C - Vice President
Mayor - St. Pete Beach
Big C - Vice President
Phone: (727) 543-2794 - Call to make an appointment
City website: www.stpetebeach.org
- Raised in central Massachusetts
- Widowed, two adult children
- Moved to Tampa Bay area in December, 1979
- Moved to St. Pete Beach in June, 1998
- BS in Mechanical Engineering/Lowell Tech Inst.
- Graduate Studies, Union College
- Professional Engineering, NY and FL
- General Electric, 35 years
- Retired in 2005
- Design Engineering, Project Management, International Sales, Service Sales, Service & Construction, contract negotiation & management
- SPB Finance & Budget Review Committee
- SPB Recreation Committee
- Captiva Cay Homeowners Association President
- SPB Classic Co-founder
Clubs and Organizations:
- Motion Sports Management LLC, Principal
- SPB Classic LLC, Secretary
- E Elfun, Board of Directors and Chairman
- Pasadena Community Church, Staff-Parrish Relations Committee
- Member-Pasadena Community Church
- North Beach Civic Association
- St. Petersburg Bike Club
- St. Pete Mad Dogs Triathlon Club
- USA Triathlon, Category One Official
- USA Triathlon, Level One Coach
Robert E. Schmidt, Jr. - Mayor
Mayor Robert E. Schmidt, Jr.
Mayor - Belleair Shore
Phone: (727) 593-9296
City website: www.belleairshore.com
Patrick Soranno - Mayor
BIG C - President
Nick Simons - Mayor
Mayor - Redington Beach
Phone: (727) 391-3875
City website: www.townofredingtonbeach.com
- Mayor Simons is a local businessman who grew up in Redington Beach.
- Simons served on the commission from 1990-1996 and was appointed to the commission in 1997 by the governor when a series of resignations left the Redington Beach Commission without a quorum.
- Simons is also chairperson of the Gulf Beaches Public Library and the Redington Beach-Indian Shores Holiday Boat Parade Committee.
- He was the President of the Redington Beach Property Owners Association.